We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our February 2020 newsletter.
The articles in this issue are:
- What’s coming in the new government’s tax plans? After the general election, businesses now have a clearer idea of what tax changes they can expect to see introduced.
- Businesses losing out to fraud and scams The cost of business losses from fraud and scams reached £682m in 2018/19, according to figures from Action Fraud, with nearly 60,000 reported cases.
- Year end tax planning time – use it or lose it The end of the 2019/20 tax year is approaching and some of your tax reliefs and allowances will be lost if not used before 6 April 2020.
- New relief restriction on corporate capital losses A reform of the tax regime for corporation capital losses comes info effect from 1 April 2020 restricting relief for capital losses carried forward
- Expand green governance for your business Global giant Ikea recently committed to investing an additional £171m in green energy and forest planting as part of their plan to become carbon neutral within 10 years.
- Countdown to off-payroll rules change The extension of the public sector off-payroll working rules (IR35) to the private sector is still set to go ahead in April 2020, despite calls for postponement.
We hope you enjoy reading the newsletter. Please get in touch if you need help or advice on any of the topics covered.