We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our latest newsletter.
The Covid-19 pandemic and its far-reaching consequences continue to dominate the news. This newsletter covers many of the legislative changes and initiatives introduced including those announced in the Chancellor’s statement on the 8th July.
The articles in this issue are:
- The Chancellor’s statement – a summer of spending Almost four months after the Spring Budget and the start of the Covid-19 crisis, the Chancellor had to return to parliament with a new round of spending.
- Defining reasonable excuse under Covid-19 Businesses and individuals now have an extra three months to appeal any HMRC decision if they have been ‘affected by coronavirus’.
- Update on Covid-19 employment support With lockdown gradually easing in most areas, the increasing focus is on safely returning to work. In the meantime, the various Covid-19 measures targeted at employers and employees continue to evolve.
- To the rescue: new reforms to insolvency law New legislation on company insolvency and corporate governance is aimed at helping companies in difficulty deal with the Covid-19 pandemic by giving them more time to create a rescue plan.
- News in brief Articles covering life assurance bonds, minimum and living wage increases and the lifetime ISA withdrawal charge.
- From the kitchen table an update from us!
We hope you enjoy reading the newsletter. Please get in touch if you need help or advice on any of the topics covered.