We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our summer newsletter.
The articles in this issue are:
- Contributions increase for auto-enrolment pensions Employers and employees have both been hit since 6 April with a large rise in contribution rates for automatic enrolment pension schemes.
- Safeguarding against fraud While the value of reported fraud in the UK more than halved in 2018 compared with 2017, the number of reported cases has barely changed.
- Flexing your business Flexible working has become widespread in many businesses, reflecting changes in technology as well as employees’ expectations about their work-life balance.
- It’s alive! MTD for VAT Making Tax Digital for VAT went live at the start of April.
- Caught in the high income child benefit tax trap? Parents and carers with income of more than £50,000 may face large backdated tax bills plus penalties if they have not been paying the High Income Child Benefit Charge.
- Swings and roundabouts of income tax changes The personal allowance for 2019/20 is now £12,500 and the higher rate income tax threshold has increase to £50,000.
We hope you enjoy reading the newsletter. Please get in touch if you need help or advice on any of the topics covered.