We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our summer newsletter.
In this issue we comment on tax-efficient inheritance and estate planning and consider the VAT implications of Brexit for businesses. We also explore the increased rates for auto-enrolment and changes to the EIS and VCT rules.
The topics covered in this issue include:
- Pension contributions offset tax gains Contribution rates for workplace pensions went up in April 2018. For many employees the increases will wipe out the gains from tax changes for 2018/19.
- Is import VAT coming after Brexit? With less than a year to go before the UK leaves the EU, what will happen to businesses importing goods from the EU?
- Don’t put off your inheritance tax planning There are several ways you can benefit your loved ones with good estate planning undertaken in time.
- Good news and bad news for the EIS and VCTs New risk-to-capital rules are changing the way investments in venture capital work.
- Closing the gap on equal pay With organisations now required to publish their gender pay gap data, how can employers improve the situation?
- Lift off for the 2018/19 tax year The new income tax rates and allowances came into effect as usual on 6th April.
We hope you enjoy reading the newsletter. Please get in touch if you need help or advice on any of the topics covered.