We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our spring newsletter.
This issue covers developments from the autumn budget with tax updates affecting corporate capital gains and stamp duty for first-time buyers.
The topics covered in this issue include:
- Indexation changes hit corporate capital gains The Budget introduced a freeze on indexation relief affecting corporate capital gains from January 2018, which means larger tax bills for incorporated landlords looking to sell property.
- Company car costs to increase with new emissions charges Those with low-emission vehicles will also be hit.
- VAT registration thresholds frozen from April 2018 Ahead of a major consultation on the VAT rules, the government is freezing registration thresholds for two years.
- More holiday rights for self-employed workers More developments from the ‘gig economy’ are seeing rights to paid annual leave guaranteed for all workers.
- May deadline for data protection Major changes in the rules governing how businesses manage personal data take effect this May.
We hope you enjoy reading the newsletter. Please get in touch if you need help or advice on any of the topics covered.