We are pleased to offer you a complimentary copy of our summer newsletter.
Due to the snap general election, updates to the Finance Act were put on hold. Our newsletter this quarter therefore covers other areas of interest for you to focus on.
The topics covered in this issue include:
- Unpacking the new Lifetime ISA The new Lifetime ISA (LISA), available since 6 April 2017, is a useful addition to the range of government-assisted savings products.
- New cash basis for property income Many more small businesses can use the simplified cash basis of calculating profits following a big increase to the entry limit. Could this benefit you?
- IR35 in the public sector Changes to the tax rules for personal service companies in the public sector have been controversial.
- Restrictions on tax relief of finance costs for buy to let landlords The amount of higher rate tax relief for buy to let landlords on their finance costs has begun to be restricted.
- Warning – two pensions-related changes Bear in mind some upcoming changes: restrictions on pension contributions and self-employed class 2 national insurance contributions.
We hope you find the contents of this newsletter useful and informative and, as always, let us know if you think you may be affected by any of the topics in this edition.