Being unprepared for CGT can have severe consequences. Effective CGT planning can help minimise the tax you pay on the sale of property, businesses and investments. That's where we come in.
Most chargeable gains are taxed at 10% or 20% or a combination of both, depending on your total income. Gains on residential property are subject to an 8% surcharge and gains on UK residential property also need to be reported to HMRC with any CGT liability due 30 days after completion (30 day CGT Report).
What reliefs could I get?
- Annual exemption
- Entrepreneur’s relief and Investor’s Relief (both reducing CGT rate to 10%)
- Principal private residence relief
- Lettings relief
- Rollover relief for reinvestment
- Holdover reliefs for gifts of business assets
- Incorporation relief.
How can we help?
Our expert CGT planning service can help you by:
- identifying any available reliefs
- advising on changing the ownership of assets to reduce the overall family tax burden
- advising on how the timing of a disposal can affect your position
- structuring a business sale tax efficiently
- advising on the CGT efficiency of trusts and pension funds.
Get in touch
For a free initial consultation, contact Andrew Roberts: firstname.lastname@example.org