Inheritance Tax and Estate Planning
Capital Gains and Inheritance Tax have received much coverage in the press over the last few years. We have a wealthy older generation who, thanks to successive property booms, have homes which equate to a substantial inheritance. The question is how to ensure this inheritance is left to loved ones.
Estate planning allows for families to be adequately provided for after a death. There are many tax opportunities available but to take full advantage of a complicated tax system requires advance preparation.
It is also vital to ensure adequate provision is made when planning to transfer an estate. This area requires detailed knowledge of the current tax regime as well as skill and forethought.
BSR Bespoke provides a discreet and comprehensive estate planning service which includes:
- Help with planning and reviewing a will
- Making full use of exemptions and lower tax rates on lifetime transfers
- Optimising lifetime transfers between family members
- Transferring agricultural or business property
- Transferring assets into trust
- Advice on arranging adequate life assurance to cover potential tax liabilities.